Well-Being 2020: Knowledge for Informed Decisions
The Well-Being 2020 Conference: Knowledge for Informed Decisions will be hosted in Luxembourg from the 18th to the 21st of March 2020. The organizers are the National Institute of Statistics and Economic Studies (STATEC) and the Ministry of Economy of Luxembourg. The conference offers excellent key note speakers, a policy roundtable, a beautiful location, and a great opportunity to exchange and discuss research on well-being.
This is an interdisciplinary conference welcoming contributions from every field of social sciences, such as: economics, sociology, psychology, and political sciences. We especially welcome papers on the following topics:
- Correlates and consequences of well-being and ill-being (e.g. personality, wealth, productivity, immigration, occupation, health);
- Well-being over time;
- Well-being inequality;
- Inequality, social capital, and inclusive growth;
- Well-being and the changing environment;
- Public or private interventions for well-being and their evaluations;
- Future directions in well-being research;
- Well-being and ill-being metrics (e.g. single indicators vs. dashboards; micro vs. macro).
Our four keynote speakers are: prof. Carol Graham, University of Maryland & Brookings Institution; prof. Andrew Oswald, University of Warwick; prof. Stefano Bartolini, University of Siena; and Mr. John De Graaf, an American author, journalist and filmmaker.
For more details, please visit our website (https://www.wellbeing2020.lu/) or feel free to contact us (submitSWB2020@statec.etat.lu).